Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Vawentine and Our Financial Diet

This is me and my sweetie before Christmas time.


 Brian and I are going to be celebrating our 5th Valentine's Day together and our first one as a married couple! I just really felt the need to say how fantastic this man is. Last year was one of the toughest years for me, career wise. I changed jobs twice and then ultimately left my career as a Massage Therapist to pursue my Bachelor's in Communication. Brian encouraged and supported me every step of the way. I work part time and attend school on-line. I am just so thankful for a man who believes in me. I was terrified of the financial repercussions of my decision to leave healthcare. Now I'm crazy busy with school and my little job and hobbies and I have never been happier in my life! I took a pay cut, yes, but the true reward will be when I am receive that B.A. and move toward a career in media relations. I owe so much to Brian for being my rock through it all. So, thank you Bee for all you do.

That leads me to another point...Brian is a school teacher and I said earlier I work part time with an occasional massage here and there, so money is tight. I want to take ya'll with us through this financial diet as we slim our expenses and have fun doing it :) Most of my posts have consisted of products and clothing I've purchased recently. I wanted to let ya'll know this will not be the norm. My goal with this blog was to showcase living within your means and being fabulous while doing it! So from now on, all styling will be done with items I have already purchased or have found during a monthly thrifting trip. I will allot $20 for one month's worth of looks. Every quarter I will invest in a high end or new piece that can carry the wardrobe into the next season. I will also keep ya'll privy to fun goings on about town that are free or purse friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment