Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fitness - Fit In Diss, Fit In Dat

In 2010 after my dream boat proposed I was determined I would not spend another year overweight and unhappy. Now, understand that I am in no way a self deprecating individual. I may find myself lingering in the mirror after a pair of jeans I just loved no longer fit or I find my stand by LBD is now super L; but I have always refused to turn that frustration inward. I recall Brian saying "As long as you're not morbidly obese then I don't care". D'awwww. Well that's when I realized if he doesn't care and I don't give two flips what the peanut gallery thinks then who am I disappointed in? Uh, duh! Me! I am mad at myself because I have this amazing love for my temple and I am not appreciating it. So, here I am two years later and I finally understand. I want to change for my well being. For my future. I don't want to be skinny, I don't desire to fit in to someone else's body image. I yearn to test myself. To push my limits and find an inner strength I have yet to tap into. So I dusted off my running shoes and stuffed myself into my gymmies. It's been two weeks since my fitness epiphany and I haven't looked back. Something just clicked. I truly feel every other weight loss kick of mine was just that. This is something different, true change. So here's to loving the body God graced me with. Controlling my weight so that I can keep up with my athletic Husband and our baby beagle. I pray that anyone that reads this and is considering starting a workout routine to contact me! Really! We are social creatures and encouragement is as much fuel as protein. So to heck with fitting in to this or fitting into that just fit into your own self.

1 comment:

  1. Very Well Spoken. For we are all in the "Here and Now."

    ReplyDelete